10 March, 2015

The Story of a Lizbat

 Ip Chun Fung, Jeffrey 2A

My name is Mac.  You can call me ‘Mad Mack.’ I’m a lizbat: my father was a bat and my mother was a lizard, but they’re both dead now.  After they died I flew to the Amazon jungle; it is so big, so quiet, and I love living here very much.  I now live in a nice, dark cave.

My appearance is very special, and I guess a little scary.  In fact I am a lizard, but I have a pair of bat’s wings and I use two legs to walk.  So – I can swim, run and fly, and I think I’m the luckiest animal in the world to be able to do that.  I love to fly, and climb trees…


I’m now eight years old; I’m two meters long and I weigh 82 kilos.  A few of the native jungle people have seen me.  Because they think I am a god they respect me, and they bring food for me every week.


One day something horrible happened: some men from the city with guns came hunting and tried to kill me.  At first I thought they had come to give me food, but suddenly they started shooting at me, so I pounced on them and bit them with my razor sharp teeth.  Now their bodies are in the river…


Do I like my life in the Amazon jungle?  Yes - I think it is really nice; I have the best food brought to me every week and a comfortable place to live, but these days more and more people are coming to the jungle, so maybe in the future I will fly to another place… or maybe I will stay here and ‘play’ with them, as I did with the men from the city...


Anyway, please remember that if you come to the Amazon, don’t go into any caves – especially if you have a gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment