23 October, 2012

A Thrilling Night

                                    By 5D Tsim Hon Hei

I remember an unusual midnight experience in a small town in Australia. On that night, I was surfing the net for ideas for my short writing course in a quiet room. This action seemed to be quite normal. However, something strange happened to me while I was still surfing the net.

As I was surfing the net, suddenly, I felt a cold wind was blowing on me. Then, I walked towards the windows and closed it. However, the window suddenly slammed shut before I reached it. At that time, I didn’t notice that some strange things had begun to happen, I just thought it was my imagination as I was so tired. Then, I walked back to my desk to keep on working.

A few minutes later, I heard a noise. At first, it was too weak and I couldn’t hear what it was. After that, I heard the sound became louder and louder, it seemed like it was coming towards me. The sound of chuckle became clear. “Ha…ha…ha…!” Someone was laughing at me. Actually, I thought the sound was made by my roommate, Burger. However, when I turned round, no one was behind me or inside the room. This time, I really noticed that strange things were happening in my room and even thought there was a ghost!

Then, I tried to concentrate on my work and told myself to ignore these unusual things. Concentrating at work was useful for only a few minutes because the next strange thing happened on my computer! Some songs and music came out from my computer. However, I wasn’t playing any soundtrack or video at that moment. I tried many methods to stop it but they didn’t work. Finally, I cut off the power supply to my computer. No system could work without electricity. The worst thing was that the songs didn’t stop. I was quite scared by now as they were being made by a ghost and it was tricking me.

I ran out of my room and didn’t go back into it again. I stayed in my friends’ room for the whole night. The day after, I told my teacher what had happened. Luckily, he arranged another room for me. After that, I had never went into my first room again , and never found out what had happened to me that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment