19 November, 2013

A Journal on Swimming Galas

by 2D Chung Chit Tik




I went to a swimming gala organized by the Tai Po & North District Secondary Schools Area Committee at the 7thand 9th October. These days were important days for the participants of this competition.  Everyone wants to get a medal, or a better time.

I participated in the 100m breaststroke, 200m breaststroke and 4x50m medley relay.

On the first day, I got the eighth runner-up for 100m breaststroke and I also got the eighth runner-up in 200m breaststroke.

My team of 4x50m medley relay came last in that race.  I felt very disappointed about not having any prizes.

Also, I went to another swimming gala organized by YMCA. It was on the first October.  I called some of my friends to the swimming gala and I took part in the 50m breaststroke, 50m butterfly, 100m individual mix, 4x50medley relay and 4x50 freestyle relay. However, when I finished swimming breaststroke and butterfly, I was really tired and did not join the individual mix, and there was another reason: I had to finish two relays afterwards!

After a fierce battle, I won two silver medals with my team. I was very happy, and overjoyed, after I got the medals. I have participated in this swimming gala for four years and this was my first time to get the relay medals!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to our Editorial Team, Fishie! :)

    ReplyDelete