18 April, 2013

If I had 7 days left living in the world

By 5D Li Wing Kei, Monica
Many people are afraid of death because they think they haven't done enough amazing things in their lives, and feel they still have so many things they want to do. If I had only seven days left to live, I would use my remaining time effectively. I would try to create  unforgettable memories for those close to me with my love, and then leave this world without regret.

Firstly, I think love is the most essential factor in my life. Without love, I would not be happy even if I were a billionaire. Therefore, if I had seven days left to live I would spend time with my family and friends, since we always focus on our studies or careers in our daily life, so we have closer relationships with our work than our families.  This would also be the right time to escape from modern city life and explore the beauty of nature. I would go hiking with my family and friends for relaxation and spiritual renewal. Without any electronic devices we could refresh our minds, and breathe in fresh air.  It would be a rare chance for us to find happiness in nature instead of thinking of our wealth and other mundane matters. I am sure hiking would be a great way for us to be happy together.

Secondly, I would secretly make an album for my family. I would compile photos taken when we travelled around the world.  Also, I would write something beside the photos to express my love and thanks for their care. I hope they would treat this album as a treasure and remember my smiles and the time they spent with me. I don’t want them to be upset because of my death. I would want to let them know my life was beautiful, since their love and care filled it with happiness. I would want them to feel that we were together even after I had left this world, and that they therefore did not need to miss me.

Last but not least, I would donate all my savings to charity. It would be useless for me to keep my money when I had left this world.  Although I don’t admire rich people who donate millions of dollars for show and just to avoid taxes, I would want to make the little contribution to the world that I could, and help people in need.  This would be the best and most meaningful way to use my money. I would hope my little contribution could improve the lives of some and help them have a better future.

Life is never too short if we have lived joyfully. The value of life is not built on how much we have, but how much love we have had - and given. If I had seven days left to live in this world, I would not feel bitter, but grasp my last chance to enjoy life with those I love. I would smile and say goodbye to the beautiful world I have been privileged to spend time in, and wait until the day I would meet my family and friends again one day, in the hereafter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment