18 April, 2013

If I had 7 days left living in the world

BY 5D Chow Lok Hang Jonathan




God created this wonderful world in seven days.  I think I could do something remarkable in my last seven days too.

Only seven days left?  No, you are wrong to think of it like that. In fact, I STILL HAVE seven days.  I would make a Bucket List for myself... before I kicked the bucket!  I would make the best use of the time and try to make those days the most wonderful moments in my life, and so leave this world without any regrets. In those seven days, I would meet the people that I most care about, hate most, and try doing things that I have always longed to do.

There are many things I want to do before my life ends. Life is full of hope and miracles; in a way it’s sad to know that I only have seven days left, but I would set myself goals to achieve in the time I had left. To live, instead of to escape. Have I found JOY in my life and has my life created JOY in the lives of othersThese questions will be the last ones in my life; I hope I can find the right answers.

I would not waste a second in those seven days. I would hope to make the best use of time left to do the things that I want to do. I should thank God that I STILL have seven days for that.

The first thing that I would do is to catch up with my good friends. I would invite them to my house and have a farewell party. I would hope I could meet all of them and share the happiness of being friends with them in my life. I would spend a whole day with them, recalling the memories of when we met, and share their hopes and dream.  I would hope they would have good memories of me.

Secondly, I would visit the people who I hate most. Maybe you think I am crazy to say that. Why should I visit them? They once did something really bad to me - why should I visit them at the end of my life?  For revenge?  No, this is all about forgiving. “But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:26.  Hatred is painful indeed.  Perhaps they did something bad to me, but I don’t think I should continue to hate them anymore as I knowingly approach death.  All of us do bad things in the course of our lives, so why not forgive them?  If I carry the hatred to heaven, I will not be happy and free.  When I forgive them, they will feel relief too.

Life is too short. There are lots of things I want to do in my life but not many that I can achieve now. In the last seven days of my life, I may not be able to do something really big, like travel around the world, but if I needed to choose, I would do some crazy things which I have never done in my life, such as bungee jump, get drunk, spend all my money and party until my last morning without any regret.

At the end of the seventh day, I would stay in bed, and have my family and best friends around me, singing to me. That would help me leave this world peacefully, for the next.

This is the way I would spend the last seven days of my life.  I hope I could go without any regret.  Life is full of surprises!



No comments:

Post a Comment