07 May, 2013

A Mobile Phone Story

by 3E Au Yuen Wa Sunny

I am a mobile phone. I am of the newest model this season. I am popular, and many people want to buy me. However, I am very expensive. I live in a mobile phone shop with my friends. Every day, many people come to the shop and try us. Some of my friends which are also new model mobile phones were bought, but no one buys the old mobile phone.

Last week, I was bought by my owner. She was a young woman, about twenty years old. When she took me home, she started to play with me immediately. She downloaded a lot of apps and games on me, such as whatsapp and candy crush which are the most popular apps and games in town. She played the games whenever she was free. But she always used whatsapp to message others and never called them. I was very sad. I am a mobile phone. My main function is calling other people but my owner never uses this function. Moreover, she never took care of me. When she ended a game, she just threw me somewhere, such as sofa, desk or even on the ground. So, I was very upset. However, she always decorated me with a beautiful case, with some stickers. This was the only thing that made me happy.

After two months, a new model mobile phone -- iphone 5 was on sale. My owner was going to buy it, so she took me to a second-hand shop and sold me to the shop keeper.

I saw many mobile phones in the shop. They were sold by their owners, too. Their owners also didn’t take care of them. Their owners also wanted a new model mobile phone and sold them to this shop. We had the same experience. We are all waiting for a good owner.

Luckily, a student, Linda, took me home two weeks later. She was a good owner. She took care of me. She put me in a comfortable place. She didn’t change her phone frequently and I have been used by her for two years.  Nowadays, I am getting older and older. Some of my functions don’t work. Linda bought a new phone, but she didn’t throw me away. She put me into a box and I live there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment